Are you an enthusiastic and curious individual who loves solving complex challenges using electronics? Are you a passionate learner who is always trying to improve? Would you relish having the chance to apply these skills over a 10-week summer placement?
Over the 10 weeks, you will work on various projects alongside our world class employees and gain an insight into consultancy and the exciting challenges we work on. This is a unique opportunity to experience clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to assist in meeting and exceeding our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales. You will experience working across the product development lifecycle, from new concept generation and technology validation, through prototyping and full product development, to transfer to manufacture and sustainability.
More importantly, this will give you the opportunity to experience our great work environment. At the completion of your placement, you may be given the exciting possibility to joins us as a graduate once your complete your studies.
- A 10-week summer placement opportunity to start in June/July 2022, which will provide exposure to a multitude of exciting projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
- An open mind for new ideas
- Be studying towards a degree in Electronic Engineering or Combined Science with Electronics (or similar)
- Have strong GCSE and A levels;
- Have knowledge of analogue and digital engineering fundamentals
- Have energy and enthusiasm to work within multidisciplinary teams and multi-task across projects.
You might also have (but not essential):
- Wireless/IoT technologies exposure
- Knowledge of SPICE simulators, such as LTSPICE
- Exposure to power electronics design
- Knowledge of embedded C applications for microprocessor platforms
A day in the life
At any one time we have dozens of active projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors. As a 10-week placement student, you will have the opportunity to learn and improve your electronic design skills on one or more projects simultaneously across sectors. Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years. Projects will typically require multidisciplinary skills requiring team work, independent research, software development, mechanical design, and of course an electronics team that you will be part of. You will enjoy a variety of tasks such as attending daily stand-ups, concept generation, circuit design and simulation, debug and test.
In addition, you will attend internal multidisciplinary progress meetings which will give you exposure to challenges outside of the electronics design field.
You will be based at our Sagentia Innovation office, in Harston, Cambridge. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment that solves a variety of challenges from different industries.
The role will suit individuals who wish to advance their career prospects by picking up real world experience on a range of product developments within an innovative technology and product development consultancy.