Are you an enthusiastic and curious individual who enjoys using data to find patterns and help solve the problems faced by businesses in innovative and imaginative ways?
Would you relish the opportunity to apply these skills across diverse industries?
We are looking for exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on enthusiastic graduates to join our group of world class employees in Autumn 2022. If successful you will be part of this team and have the unique opportunity to work with clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will have a passion for technology and will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales.
• A multitude of exciting projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
• Projects ranging from quick build proof-of-principle prototypes through to full solution development
• The opportunity to work with clients to define their needs and to develop innovative and exciting solutions
You will have:
• A degree 2.1 or above, (or even a PhD) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematical or Science-based
• Experience using Python/ R – that’s what most of our work is done with
• Working in at least 2 data science or machine learning projects (this could be as part of your education or in any past jobs)
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
You might also have (but not essential):
• Knowledge of Natural Language Processing areas such as topic modelling, sentiment analysis, chatbots & virtual assistants and speech recognition
• Any PC software development experience
A day in the life
You will be a member of our Data Science & Insights team. As part of a team building innovative solutions for clients, you'll extract, analyse and interpret large amounts of data from a range of sources, using algorithmic, data mining, artificial intelligence, machine learning and statistical tools. You will select & use existing open-source/ commercial machine learning algorithms where possible and work with our talented mathematicians to build custom data algorithms where required. You will train, test and combine algorithms into models which power innovative solutions for our clients, delivering real-world impact.
Your work will predominately be based at our Sagentia offices in Harston, Cambridge or Epsom, Surrey and there may also be opportunities to travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of challenges from different industries.
At any one time we have dozens of projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors. As an experienced data scientist, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in developing innovative machine learning/ artificial intelligence-based solutions on one or more projects simultaneously across sectors.
You will work on client projects from your first day; we think this provides you with the opportunity to learn from a fantastic team of colleagues and put your great technical skills to use immediately! We work with you from the start of your time with us to ensure we understand how you want to develop your career in the future. We have a great variety of projects taking place at all times and identify, offer and provide bespoke training to support you in developing your existing skills and fill in any gaps. When you join you will be paired with a mentor whose job is to help you settle in, inspire you and instil the Sagentia way.
Every one of our employees has the opportunity to progress and develop within our business – there is no career ceiling; with commitment and hard work there is no limit to what you can achieve! Success looks different to everyone and Sagentia provides great career advancement whether you want to apply your technical skills to brilliant projects, find solutions to problems no one else can solve, deepen and broaden your technical knowledge, manage complex projects, teams or business development!
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.