Who we are
Sagentia Innovation, part of the Science Group R&D Consultancy Division, work with some of the best-known global corporations in medical, food & beverage, consumer and industrial sectors. Our Advisory division provides strategic advice in Innovation and R&D helping our clients to identify, define and deliver opportunities that offer competitive advantage within their business. Our approach combines the strategic perspective of a traditional management consultancy with the in-depth technical and scientific rigour of a science and technology consultancy.
What we do
Recent examples of our R&D Consultancy work:
- Strategy: What are the future opportunities to improve packaging for a CPG client, for better user experience and driven by sustainability goals?
- Portfolio strategy: What value can digital companion apps offer to a consumer health client’s current product offerings?
- Reformulation: What are the best alternative ingredients for a reduced-fat confectionary product?
- Partner search: Who are the best external development partners for a natural Women’s Health product?
- Landscape: What are the key trends impacting the H&W space, and how will these impact the business of a CPG client?
We are seeking a high caliber individual to join our team at Analyst level. The candidate will be working on Advisory projects as part of a team under the guidance of senior colleagues. Key responsibilities in the role are as follows:
- Gathering scientific and market data from secondary sources, including proprietary databases
- Conducting primary research to gain insights from academics, industry players, and market commentators
- Analysing data, including the selection and appropriate use of industry-standard analysis tools
- Drafting insightful reports describing findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Contributing to the delivery of project outputs to our clients
- Supporting the creation of proposals and collateral material working with the sector vertical teams
Experience & qualifications
- Candidates should have a Master degree in Chemistry and may also have a PhD.
- Areas of chemistry which would be advantageous include (but not limited to): polymer science, analytical chemistry, surface chemistry, soft matter science, pharmaceutical chemistry, food chemistry, electrochemistry
- An interest in the application of science in a business environment is essential, and previous commercial experience would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in the use of secondary information tools, including databases of scientific literature or patents. Searching of market data would be an advantage
- Strong communication, time management, and planning skills are essential
- Candidates should be familiar with standard computer programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.