Who we are
Sagentia Innovation provides independent advisory and leading-edge product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We work across the medical, industrial, chemicals and energy, food and beverage, and consumer sectors, and with a broad range of companies from some of the world’s leading and best-known brands, to start-up disruptors new to the market. Our breadth of expertise brings together the best people to solve a problem and can include our scientists, engineers, human factors experts, data and AI scientists, innovation strategists, product developers and designers, and consumer insight specialists.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team of Analysts. The candidate will be required to work on projects as part of a team under the guidance of senior colleagues. Key responsibilities in the role are as follows:
• Gathering scientific and market data from secondary sources (published sources), including searching of websites and proprietary databases
• Conducting primary research (telephone interviews) to gain insights from academics, industry players, and market commentators
• Analysing data, including the selection and appropriate use of industry-standard analysis tools
• Generating logical “draft” conclusions based on the data sourced
• Drafting reports describing research methods, findings, conclusions, and recommendations, with input from a Consultant as needed
• Contributing to the delivery of study outputs, both over the telephone and through face-to-face meetings
Experience & qualifications
• Candidates should have a science degree in either Biosciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physics or Engineering and may also have a PHD.
• An interest in the application of science in a business environment is essential, and previous commercial experience would be a distinct advantage
• Experience in the use of secondary information tools, including Internet searching, databases of scientific literature or patents, and searching of market data would be an advantage
• Strong communication, time management, and planning skills are essential
• Candidates should be familiar with standard computer programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.