If you have early commercial experience and want to expand your account management skills, or you have a technical background and want to kickstart your career in business development, we are keen to speak with you. Sagentia Innovation’s Medical team is a supportive, collaborative, and dynamic environment. Reporting into the Managing Partner, Medical, and working closely with our renowned engineers and scientists, you will craft and deliver tangible solutions to our clients, contributing to the continued growth and success of the business. You will have the opportunity to travel overseas to visit and work with our clients in the US, Europe, and Asia.
- Account Management
- You will help maintain and grow the relationship with selected strategic Medtech Accounts, in collaboration with the Medical team. This will include mapping and networking within accounts to maximize exposure to Sagentia Innovation’s offerings, listening to the needs of our key stakeholders within accounts, translating opportunities into programs of work, and overseeing projects to ensure client satisfaction.
- Business Development
- You will take ownership of the sales process from lead generation to closing, contributing to the growth of the medical sector sales pipeline. This will include collaborating with the Medical team to identify new sales leads, visiting prospective clients, creating and delivering compelling sales material, and closing sales. Your work will bring in new, exciting medical device projects for our technical teams to deliver.
- Domain Leadership within Medtech market sub-sectors
- You will work closely with our Marketing team to identify and establish areas of opportunity within Medical Device market sub-sectors. This may include new growth areas for Sagentia Innovation where you see market potential. You will attend relevant industry conferences, and feedback market information to the technical and marketing teams to support Sagentia Innovation’s service development. You will also take the lead on developing compelling messaging, including case studies, white papers, and other thought leadership.
- Contract Management
- You will support the negotiation of contracts, with mentoring from the Managing Partner and the Group’s executive team as appropriate.
- On occasion, this role will include time spent working directly on medical device projects, strengthening our client relationships with strategic and new business accounts. You will operate as a bridge between the client and our project team, ensuring the technical delivery meets the client stakeholder needs. You will also help identify new and follow on work that may emerge from our project discussions.
Experience & qualifications
- An understanding of medical product development
- Customer-facing experience in either a project management or business development role
- Evidence of success in building a rapport and trust in customers
- Experience in a consulting environment desired
- Degree qualifications to Masters/PhD level from a technical, clinical or design background is strongly preferred but not essential
We are committed to career development and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential. We offer:
- A feedback and support process to allow personal growth and development
- Core training courses to develop and grow skills
- Regular career and salary reviews
- Defined technical, commercial and operations career paths
Who we are
Sagentia Innovation is a science and engineering company that offers product advisory and development services driven by insight and invention. With expertise spanning the medical, food and beverage, consumer, defence, industrial systems, chemicals and energy sectors, our goal is to help every client identify the best opportunities for growth. When we work with our clients, they see us as their partners. Their success is vital to us, and we are genuinely excited and delighted when they select us to be part of their journey to research and develop.
In the Medical industry, we work with industry leaders and innovative start-up companies who have a shared vision: to drive better patient outcomes through increased market understanding and technological innovation. We have deep expertise across many disciplines, and over 30 years of experience gained from thousands of projects in medical devices, surgical systems, diagnostic solutions, dental technology, drug delivery devices and more.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.