Are you an enthusiastic and curious individual who loves using science and technology to solve complex problems? Are you a passionate learner who is always trying to expand your horizons? Do you want to join a dynamic, growing international business with excellent career development opportunities?
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on enthusiastic Chemist or Materials Scientist to join our group of world class scientists and technologists in our Epsom location. You will have a passion for science and technology and will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales.
- A multitude of exciting projects working with our clients in the medical, industrial, consumer and food and beverage sectors.
- The opportunity to work as part of a world-class team of scientists, engineers and technologists.
- A dynamic, supportive working environment focused on innovation, agility, quality and results.
- Well-equipped laboratory facilities and including specialist laboratories for chemistry, materials and environmental testing, microscopy, microbiology, sensory evaluation and more
Sagentia Innovation is seeking a graduate Chemist or Materials Scientist to join our Applied Science team based in our Epsom location, to create, analyse and develop new technologies. We solve complex problems using world-class scientific skills on a wide range of projects which involve a combination of:
- Creative problem solving and concept generation.
- Feasibility assessment informed by theoretical assessment and laboratory experimentation.
- Proof-of principle testing and demonstration in which our ideas are rapidly brought to life.
- Technology scouting.
The successful candidate will be expected to make a solid contribution to a group with core business in the consumer, food and beverage, medical and industrial sectors. You can find examples of previous projects here (include a link to our case studies).
- Design and execution of laboratory experiments.
- Technology feasibility assessment & design.
- Modelling and data analysis.
- Innovation workshop participation and facilitation.
- Presenting results and deliverables to clients.
- Supporting sales activities with technical content and helping to define and scope new projects.
Experience & Qualifications
- We expect candidates to have a degree in Chemistry or Materials Science, ideally along with a PhD and;
- Excellent knowledge in one or more of the following: Biological Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Synthesis or Polymer materials and their processing and applications, or other relevant subjects
- Experience in Food and Beverage Chemistry or Formulation Chemistry would be of particular interest for this role.
- Broad understanding of chemicals, materials and their properties and application beyond your particular field.
- Keen to be conducting both office based and practical laboratory research;
- A proven track record of planning and undertaking laboratory work independently and safely;
- An interest in applying subject knowledge to the development of devices and new products.
We are committed to career development and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit