Are you enthusiastic and curious team player who loves using technology to solve complex challenges? Are you a passionate learner who is always trying to improve?
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on Senior Consultant Biotechnologist to join our group of world class employees. If successful you will have the unique opportunity to work with clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will have a passion for technology and will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales.
Examples of our recent R&D Consultancy work:
• Define new evidence-based propositions founded on novel biomarkers for measurement and personalization
• The impact of synthetic biology on the food industry - a position paper
• The future of Salmonella: technologies, policies, and business impact
• In vitro organoid models – landscape and challenges
• Technical due diligence of an immunoassay-based point of care platform
• Proof-of-principle demonstration of low-cost molecular diagnostic platform for use in pharmacies
• Assessment of CRISPR platforms for at home diagnostics
• Improving usability of extremely low-cost TB assay for emerging markets
• Measuring cell density and viability for cell therapy production
• Modelling and experimentation to achieve 100x increase in sensitivity for an ultra-sensitive immunochemistry platform
• Research and invention of a low cost digital microfluidics consumable
• Development of a Point-of-Care fluorescence instrument for a novel sample format
• A multitude of exciting projects in the consumer, food and beverage, medical and industrial sectors
• A superbly talented team to work with
• An open mind for new ideas
We are in the midst of an exciting time for the business as we seek to grow within the UK and internationally following substantial investment in new laboratories and our research centres. In growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on individuals who will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment. This role is based at our Harston site.
• Analyse the impact of commercial, technical and regulatory trends relevant in our target markets;
• Identify and evaluate biotechnology opportunities for clients;
• As part of a team, collaborate on due diligence assignments;
• Technology scouting;
• Develop methods, technologies and applications to meet tight specifications set by clients;
• Lab testing, analysis and experimental investigation;
• Project Management of smaller projects;
• Support marketing and business development teams through contribution to marketing campaigns;
• Support sales by joining client meetings, providing technical content and project definition
Experience & qualifications
We expect candidates to have a degree in Biology, Chemistry or Biotechnology, ideally along with a relevant PhD and;
• At least 8 years of experience applying your core Biology and Chemistry skills in a consulting, industrial or similar environment
• Excellent knowledge in one or more of the following: Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Genetics, Biosensors, In Vitro Diagnostics, Electrochemistry, Material Science, Synthesis or Polymer materials and their processing and applications, or other relevant subjects
• Broad understanding of medical device or IVD development;
• Keen to be conducting both office based and practical laboratory research;
• A proven track record of planning and undertaking laboratory work, both for yourself and your colleagues, independently and safely;
• An interest in applying subject knowledge to the development of devices and new products.
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow our employees to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.