Who we are:
Sagentia Innovation provides independent advisory and leading-edge product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We work across the medical, industrial, chemicals and energy, food and beverage, and consumer sectors, and with a broad range of companies from some of the world’s leading and best-known brands, to start-up disruptors new to the market. Our breadth of expertise brings together the best people to solve a problem and can include our scientists, engineers, human factors experts, data and AI scientists, innovation strategists, product developers and designers, and consumer insight specialists.
We are currently recruiting for a Consultant to joining our delivery team with a focus on Chemicals and Materials.
- Project delivery
- Account management & business development
- Client and team interaction
- Support and implement Group policies
1. Project Delivery
• Lead and deliver projects: plan for, monitor progress against and meet deadlines with consideration to project scope, evolving client requirements and potential creep ensuring client expectations are met
• Lead discussions with clients on budget changes mid-project (scope creep or T&M overrun)
• Input own sector knowledge, experience and expertise in Chemicals and Materials into project activities and deliverables
• Link client stakeholder needs with technical delivery of project and where appropriate translate technical delivery into client language
• Efficiently and effectively coordinate and manage others in the project team to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of client projects whilst undertaking all relevant administrative tasks e.g. work orders and time recording
• Lead delivery meetings/facilitate workshops etc
2. Support account management & business development support
• Support key account management and new business sales – liaising with Sector Sales teams:
o Finds, supports in progressing and closing project sales
o Meet client as senior representative of delivery business and support in sales activities
o Frames proposals and challenges project brief (up-sell)
• Support development of new proposals/projects
• Recognise and understand commercial drivers of the client and how these may impact the business, developing long term relationships and repeat business with key clients
• Contribute to the writing and delivery of compelling sales material (e.g. discussion documents, proposals, case studies, capability decks)
• Understands division position in the market and can differentiate it from the competition
• Feedback market information to the sector sales & marketing teams to support product and service development
3. Client and team interaction
• Present project work at internal/external meetings as appropriate
• Build effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
• Run dynamic working sessions that delight our clients
4. Support and implement Group policies
• Maintain client confidentiality
• Assist in implementing diligent project management practices to ensure projects are delivered to time, budget and the quality expected
Experience & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have both an excellent academic track record with a degree or postgraduate qualification in a science or engineering background
• Science Degree in Chemicals, Materials Science or Engineering, PhD is preferred but not essential
• Consulting experience is beneficial
• Chemicals and Materials Industry experience is preferred, but ideally in consulting context
• Ability to explain ideas in a clear and concise manner in order to both effectively communicate with the recipient, whether a client or colleague, and create buy in to ideas and approach.
• Ability to efficiently deal with multiple tasks and prioritise under pressure.
• Flexible and adaptable approach to work
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate good project co-ordination and attention to detail
• Experience of managing projects or work packages to tight timescales and budgets
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow senior individuals to thrive. Science Group offers a broad, fast changing and high calibre setting to realise personal growth. We seek out and invest behind our talented seniors.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.