Sagentia Innovation, a division of Science Group plc, is expanding its Consumer Advisory practice to support its clients to find opportunities, define value and win in highly competitive markets.
We work with some of the best-known global corporations and help them stay ahead in the consumer, food & beverages, industrial and medical sectors. Sagentia Innovation, where insight meets innovation.
Who we are
Sagentia Innovation’s Consumer Advisory team works with global, leading companies in the Consumer Health, Personal Care & Beauty, Homecare and Consumer Electronics sectors to deliver radical new technology and product programmes and innovation strategies
We apply multidisciplinary approaches to define and prioritise technology programmes, finding new strategic growth market for the technologies our clients develop and support them to find acquisition targets to accelerate their entry in new markets. Ultimately, we are looking to maximise the value of our clients’ investment in technology and innovation, leverage our ability to solve techno-commercial challenges and turn our ideas into great products that will delight our clients’ customers.
In advisory, we combine the strategic perspective of a traditional management consultancy with in-depth technical and scientific rigour of an R&D organisation. Examples of recent work include:
• For a consumer goods corporation, we defined a commercialisation strategy for a new agile manufacturing technology
• For a multinational biotechnology client we identified, assessed and prioritized organizations for future on-going partnership
• For a consumer healthcare company, we identified potential partners to launch probiotic products
• For a FMCG we developed strategies to implement sustainable packaging solutions and adding ‘shelf-pop’ by applying radically new materials and design principles
• For a multinational pharmaceutical we identified strategies to win in the painkiller market
Our parent company, Science Group plc, has a global reach with a multinational workforce spanning the U.K., Europe and North America. We look for exceptional hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
1. Project delivery for the sector
2. Account management & business development for the consumer sector
3. Consumer clients and team interaction
4. Adherence to Group policies
1. Project delivery
• Lead and deliver projects including presentations with recommendations to our client’s scope, evolving client requirements, and potential creep, ensuring client expectations are met
• Lead discussions with clients on budget and scope
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously whilst achieving project deliverables within budget, timeline and to the quality expected
• Link client stakeholder needs with technical delivery of the project and, where appropriate, translate technical delivery into the client’s language
• Efficiently and effectively coordinate and manage others in the project team to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of client projects whilst undertaking all relevant administrative tasks, e.g. work orders and time recording
• Lead delivery meetings and facilitate workshops.
2. Account management & business development
• Support key account management and new business development in the consumer sector
• Support on the development of new proposals/projects
• Recognise and understand commercial drivers of the client and how these may impact the business, developing long term relationships and repeat business with key clients
• Visit prospects for lead generation and to identify potential client needs
3. Client and team interaction
• Present project work at internal and external meetings as appropriate
• Build effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
4. Adherence to Group policies and process
• Maintain client confidentiality
• Assist in implementing diligent project management practices to ensure projects are delivered on time, budget and the quality expected
Experience & Qualifications
• The ideal candidate will have a Master and ideally a PhD in life sciences (e.g. biochemistry biology, biological sciences) and strategic/advisory consultancy experience aligned with innovation and R&D strategy
• Experience in the consumer sector (preferable)
• Experience in managing advisory projects or work packages to tight timescales and budgets
• Ability to explain ideas clearly and concisely, effectively communicating with the recipient, whether a client or colleague, and creating buy-in to ideas and approaches.
• Ability to efficiently deal with multiple tasks and prioritise under pressure
• Flexible and adaptable approach to work
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate good project coordination and attention to detail
We are committed to career development and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.