Are you enthusiastic and curious with a proven track record of using data analytics to help solve problems faced by businesses in innovative and imaginative ways?
Would you relish the opportunity to apply these skills across diverse industries?
We are looking for talented and experienced data architects to join our group of world class employees. If successful you will be part of this team and have the unique opportunity to work with clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will have a passion for technology and will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales.
You will work across the value lifecycle, from strategy, new concept generation and technology validation, through prototyping and full development, to transfer to production environments.
• A multitude of exciting projects in the medical, industrial, consumer and food & beverage sectors
• Projects ranging from data strategy, quick build proof-of-principle prototypes through to full solution development
• The opportunity to work with clients to define their needs and to develop innovative and exciting solutions
You will have:
• 5-7 years of experience in architecting data solutions, ideally on one or more major cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP) platforms
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills, experience working in client collaborative environment
• Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services
• Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to cloud architectures, deployment, and operations
• Degree 2.1 or above, (or even a PhD)
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Enthusiasm to work within multidisciplinary teams and multi-task across projects
You might also have (but not essential):
• A deep understanding of infrastructure & solution architecture to go with your core data architecture experience
• Experience in industrial, consumer, food & beverage or medical sectors would be valuable
• Experience in architecting and/or delivering Internet of Things (IoT) analytics solutions would be very relevant for the work which we do
• Experience delivering data analytics, data science or machine learning projects within an agile environment
• E2E Data Architecture and Lifecycle (including non-functional requirements and operations) management.
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL modern data stores
• Experience in supervising junior data professionals
A day in the life
You will be a member of our Data Science & Insights team. As part of a team building innovative solutions for clients, you'll advise clients on strategies to extract value from data, help them design & migrate to cloud-based analytics environments, architect & implement IoT (Internet of Things) analytics solutions and guide teams building & deploying analytics, data science & machine learning solutions. In many cases, the data analytics solutions which you build will be part of a larger solution spanning innovative physical devices, sensors, custom algorithms for edge processing and generating data which powers the data analytics solution.
Your work will predominately be based at our Sagentia offices in Epsom, Surrey and there may also be opportunities to travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of problems from different industries.
At any one time we have dozens of projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors. As an experienced data architect, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in developing innovative data enabled solutions on one or more projects simultaneously across sectors. You will also have the opportunity to guide, supervise and develop junior data professionals, thereby building your management & leadership skills. Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years.
You will work on client projects from your first day; we think this provides you with the opportunity to learn from a fantastic team of colleagues and put your great technical skills to use immediately! We work with you from the start of your time with us to ensure we understand how you want to develop your career in the future. We have a great variety of projects taking place at all times and identify, offer and provide bespoke training to support you in developing your existing skills and fill in any gaps. When you join you will be paired with a mentor whose job is to help you settle in, inspire you and instil the Sagentia way.
Every one of our employees has the opportunity to progress and develop within our business – there is no career ceiling; with commitment and hard work there is no limit to what you can achieve! Success looks different to everyone and Sagentia provides great career advancement whether you want to apply your technical skills to brilliant projects, find solutions to problems no one else can solve, deepen and broaden your technical knowledge, manage complex projects, teams or business development!
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.