Who are we?
Sagentia Innovation provides independent advisory and leading-edge product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We work across the medical, industrial, chemicals and energy, food and beverage, and consumer sectors, and with a broad range of companies from some of the world’s leading and best-known brands, to start-up disruptors new to the market. Our breadth of expertise brings together the best people to solve a problem and can include our scientists, engineers, human factors experts, data and AI scientists, innovation strategists, product developers and designers, and consumer insight specialists.
Our team have recently been involved in successful electromechanical system developments including a rapidly manufactured ventilator system for the UK government, advanced agricultural machinery, surgical robotics, novel drink dispensing technology and a next generation radiotherapy system.
All these developments focus on delivering elegant and creative solutions that improve lives through innovation.
We are looking for a talented and passionate electronics design engineer who enjoys working within highly capable teams, and shares the same passion we have for creating innovative electronics designs for ground breaking devices/products.
At Sagentia Innovation we often push the boundaries of our individual and corporate knowledge so that we can deliver the very best for our clients. We are not restricted to using any particular technologies and we develop / innovate / collaborate as required, to meet the needs of the project at hand.
Our team spirit means everyone's opinion and feedback is important in building top class devices/products.
This role will offer you the perfect opportunity to not only work on multi-disciplinary project teams but also use your creativity and technical knowledge to develop solutions for our clients with the satisfaction of seeing your novel new creations launched in the market.
• Design high quality and robust analogue and digital circuits for client projects at all stages from feasibility through to manufacture
• Interact with our clients to plan projects, identify and formalise design requirements, and hand over finished designs
• Support integration & verification activities at hardware and system level
• A variety of exciting projects in the medical, industrial, food & beverage and consumer sectors
• The opportunity to develop initial ideas into real tangible products in short time scales
• Projects requiring the design of innovative devices and platform solutions to solve complex challenges
Ideally you will have:
• A track record in seeing designs through to completion/acceptance
• A hands-on passion for designing both analogue and digital circuits
• A strong understanding of electronic engineering fundamentals
• An excellent academic record with a good university degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
You might also have experience and skills in (but not essential):
• Design for medical devices
• High speed digital design (for example signal integrity, VHDL)
• Implementing high performance analogue discrete circuits
• Designing products for low power
• Designing products for low cost, high volume manufacturing
• Simulation using Spice as well as RF simulators. e.g. HFSS or Comsol
• Developing embedded C applications for microprocessor platforms
A Day in the life
At any one time we have dozens of active projects in the medical, industrial, food & beverage and consumer sectors. As an Electronics Design Engineer, you will have the opportunity to employ and further improve your technical skills on one or more projects simultaneously across these sectors. Projects range in length from a couple of months to a couple of years and require the implementation of a talented and collaborative cross-disciplinary team, providing best practice product development in electronics design, mechanical design, and software design. Your electronics design capability will be key to delivering world class product developments to our clients. Your work will be predominately be based at our Sagentia Innovation offices in Harston, Cambridge and there will likely be opportunities to travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of challenges from different industries.
Why choose us?
The benefits package is excellent; we pay competitive salaries and you will be part of an annual bonus scheme. Perhaps most importantly you’ll have the opportunity to learn something new every day, work with a wide range of the latest tech and spend your days with people from different disciplines such as software engineers, mechanical engineers and scientists who are as enthusiastic and excited as you are about creating great products!
You will work on client projects from your first day; we think this provides you with the opportunity to learn from a fantastic team of colleagues and put your great technical skills to use immediately! We work with you from the start of your time with us to ensure we understand how you want to develop your career in the future. We have a great variety of projects taking place at all times and identify, offer and provide bespoke training to support you in developing your existing skills and fill in any gaps. When you join you will be paired with a mentor whose job is to help you settle in, inspire you and instil the Sagentia Innovation way.
Every one of our employees has the opportunity to progress and develop within our business – there is no career ceiling; with commitment, hard work and determination there is no limit to what you can achieve! Success looks different to everyone and Sagentia Innovation provides great career advancement whether you want to apply your technical skills to brilliant projects, find solutions to problems no one else can solve, deepen and broaden your technical knowledge, manage complex projects, lead teams or business development!
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.