As a highly successful leading-edge product development and technology services company, we have recently been involved in diverse and exciting electromechanical system developments including a rapidly manufactured ventilator system for the UK government challenge, virus detection technologies, advanced agricultural machinery, surgical robotics, novel drink dispensing technology and a next-generation proton therapy system. All of these developments focus on delivering elegant and creative solutions that improve lives through innovation.
This role is an opportunity to work within highly talented multi-disciplinary project teams; to use your creativity and technical knowledge to develop best-in-class solutions for our clients; with the added satisfaction of seeing your finished designs launched in the market.
- Designing high quality analogue and digital circuits for client projects at all stages from feasibility through to manufacture
- Collaborating with software, mechanical and manufacturing engineers to understand complex electronic requirements and provide input into the most appropriate system architecture
- Interacting with our clients to plan projects, identify and formalise design requirements, implement, test, and ultimately hand over finished designs
- Contributing to the electronics hardware development within multidisciplinary projects
- Supporting integration & verification activities at hardware and system level
- A proven track record of the full lifecycle of electronics design
- A hands-on passion for designing both analogue and digital circuits
- Passionate about learning new electronic technologies
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment with excellent communication skills
- Good academic track record with a degree or postgraduate qualification in electronics, engineering, or a related subject
Additional knowledge and skills beneficial to this role
- Proven FPGA hardware design experience including VHDL/ Verilog programming
- Simulation of designs using Spice and/or RF simulators
- RF design, test and compliance to 6GHz would be advantageous
- Previous work on Energy Harvesting would be advantageous
A day in the life
We have dozens of projects in the medical, industrial, consumer, food and beverage, and consumer sectors from some of the world’s leading and best-known brands. As an Electronics Engineer, you will have the opportunity to utilise and improve your electronics engineering development competencies, and develop leadership skills, on projects across sectors.
Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a few years. Typical projects use a talented and collaborative cross-disciplinary team that provides insight into best practice product development in electronics design, mechanical design, and software design.
Your work will be predominately based at our Sagentia Innovation offices, either in Harston, Cambridge or Great Burgh, Epsom with opportunities for short travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of challenges for different clients.
You will be offered a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.