We are seeking a Facilities Assistant to join our fast-paced Facilities team in Harston, Cambridge, Monday-Friday 08:00-16:30.
• A large, modern site that we care about and invest in on an on-going basis.
• Teams of world class, multi-disciplinary employees from various Science Group businesses working at the cutting edge of science, technology and product development.
• An open mind for new ideas
Experience & qualifications:
• Have strong GCSE or equivalent results
• Be punctual, presentable and articulate
• Have the ability to be proactive and multi-task
• Experience working in customer services, facilities or other public facing roles
• Experience with import and export documentation
Facilities assistant main duties include (but are not limited to):
• Assist with post room duties such as deliveries, recorded post, franking and sorting post.
• Assist with import / export of goods both UK and international
• Manage the internal office supplies such as stationery, print room supplies.
• Assist with office relocations.
• Administer and resolve issues that appear in the facilities helpdesk.
• Monitor stock levels of consumables for conference rooms and employee kitchens.
• Issue new entry tags.
• Assist with all helpdesk requests
• Manage Contractor Portals and insurance documentation.
• Cover for reception when required, this may include additional hours to cover any absences.
• Assist with the invoice process in terms of logging invoices into AX.
• Maintain spread sheets for facilities H&S, Finance and tenant usage
In addition, in due course as on site meetings increase with the easing of Covid-19 restrictions, the role with include conference room duties such as:
• Set up conference rooms in line with requirements; ensure refreshments, seating, furniture and IT requirements are met.
• Set up and administer audio and video conferencing calls.
• Check – using a PC – the AV equipment in all conference rooms.
• Order lunch when requested.
• Ensure all conference rooms inclusive of internal meeting rooms are maintained to optimum levels at all times. whiteboards are clean, rooms are tidy, all equipment and supplies are present.
Please note: There is an element of manual handling involved in the role e.g. moving chairs and tables to set rooms up and moving sliding partitions in rooms.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.