Are you an enthusiastic and curious individual who loves using science and technology to solve complex problems? Are you a passionate learner who is always trying to expand your horizons? Do you want to join a dynamic, growing international business with excellent career development opportunities?
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on enthusiastic physicist to join our group of world class scientists and technologists. You will have a passion for science and technology and will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales.
• A multitude of exciting projects working with our clients in the medical, industrial, consumer and food and beverage sectors.
• The opportunity to work as part of a world-class team of scientists, engineers and technologists.
• A dynamic, supportive working environment focused on innovation, agility, quality and results.
• Well-equipped laboratory facilities and including specialist laboratories for electronics, optics, chemistry, environmental testing, microscopy, microbiology, sensory evaluation and more
Sagentia Innovation is seeking a graduate physicist to join our Applied Science team, to create, analyse and develop new technologies. We solve complex problems using world-class scientific skills on a wide range of projects which involve a combination of:
• Creative problem solving and concept generation.
• Feasibility assessment informed by theoretical assessment, mathematical modelling and laboratory experimentation.
• Proof-of principle demonstration in which our ideas are rapidly brought to life.
• Technology scouting.
• Design and execution of laboratory experiments.
• Technology feasibility assessment & design.
• Modelling and data analysis.
• Innovation workshop participation and facilitation.
• Presenting results and deliverables to clients.
• Project management.
• Supporting sales activities with technical content and helping to define and scope new projects.
Experience & Qualifications
Candidates must have a degree in Physics (2.1 or above) and:
• Expertise in areas such as optics, electronics, sensors, electromagnetics, ultrasonics etc.
• Proven ability to develop novel systems in the laboratory.
• Proven scientific analytical skills such as mathematical modelling.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A proven track record of planning and undertaking laboratory work safely.
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow our staff to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.