Are you an enthusiastic and curious individual who loves using science and technology to solve complex problems? Are you a passionate learner who is always trying to expand your horizons? Do you want to join a dynamic, growing international business with excellent career development opportunities?
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on enthusiastic physicist to join our group of world class scientists and technologists. You will have a passion for science and technology and will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales.
- A multitude of exciting projects working with our clients in the medical, industrial, consumer and food and beverage sectors.
- The opportunity to work as part of a world-class team of scientists, engineers and technologists.
- A dynamic, supportive working environment focused on innovation, agility, quality and results.
- Well-equipped laboratory facilities and including specialist laboratories for electronics, optics, chemistry, environmental testing, microscopy, microbiology, sensory evaluation and more
Sagentia Innovation is seeking a graduate physicist to join our Applied Science team, to create, analyse and develop new technologies. We solve complex problems using world-class scientific skills on a wide range of projects which involve a combination of:
- Creative problem solving and concept generation.
- Feasibility assessment informed by theoretical assessment, mathematical modelling and laboratory experimentation.
- Proof-of principle demonstration in which our ideas are rapidly brought to life.
- Technology scouting.
The successful candidate will be expected to make a solid contribution to a group with core business in the consumer, food and beverage, medical and industrial sectors. You can find examples of previous projects here.
- Design and execution of laboratory experiments.
- Technology feasibility assessment & design.
- Modelling and data analysis.
- Innovation workshop participation and facilitation.
- Presenting results and deliverables to clients.
- Supporting sales activities with technical content and helping to define and scope new projects.
Experience & Qualifications
Candidates must have a degree in Physics or a degree with a strong Physics content (2.1 or above) and:
- Expertise in areas such as optics, electronics, sensors, electromagnetics, ultrasonics etc.
- Proven ability to develop novel systems in the laboratory.
- Proven scientific analytical skills such as mathematical modelling.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A proven track record of planning and undertaking laboratory work safely.
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow our staff to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.