Are you an enthusiastic and curious individual who loves to design embedded systems for novel IoT applications? Do you love both hardware and software, and want to be the architect of solutions to exciting IoT business opportunities? Do you love to mentor and inspire junior team members across disciplines to achieve great results? Do you want to join a dynamic, growing international business with excellent career development potential?
Who are we?
Sagentia Innovation provides independent advisory and leading-edge product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We work across the medical, industrial, chemicals and energy, food and beverage, and consumer sectors, and with a broad range of companies from some of the world’s leading and best-known brands, to start-up disruptors new to the market. Our breadth of expertise brings together the best people to solve a problem and can include our scientists, engineers, human factors experts, data and AI scientists, innovation strategists, product developers and designers, and consumer insight specialists.
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hands-on systems architect with an embedded electronics and wireless comms background to join our group of world class scientists and technologists. You will have a track record of successful IoT development in a consumer, industrial or medical context. You will use a combination of innovation, technical excellence and project leadership to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales.
• A multitude of exciting projects in the consumer, food & beverage, medical and industrial sectors.
• The opportunity to work as part of a world-class team of scientists, engineers and technologists.
• The opportunity to work with clients to define their needs and to develop innovative and exciting solutions
• A dynamic, supportive working environment focused on innovation, agility, quality and results.
• Architecture definition and implementation of innovative embedded products and their ecosystems
• Hands on implementation of hardware, and software if appropriate
• Strong technical leadership and project management of our projects to agreed timescales, budgets and quality
• Contribute to our sales effort by supporting our business development team, presenting our development capabilities in sales meetings to clients and writing project proposals
Experience & qualifications
Candidates must have a degree in Electronics or related Engineering or Physics (2.1 or above) and:
• Track record of excellence in embedded hardware design
• Experience of architecture of multidisciplinary solutions including embedded firmware, comms, sensors, data analytics, mobile software and cloud services
• Experience of leadership in a project context
• Experience of the whole product lifecycle from concept to NPI
• Excellent communication skills
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow our employees to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.