Who we are
Science Group is an international, science-led services and product development organisation. We go to market under four different brands: Sagentia Innovation, TSG Consulting, Leatherhead Food Research and Frontier Smart Technologies. Across these companies, our services span the full consultancy and R&D landscape from new opportunity discovery and technology strategy through to concept full product development and regulatory compliance for the medical, consumer, food and beverage, and industrial, chemical and energy sectors. Distinctly, Frontier Smart Technologies is the leading provider of digital radio technologies to major consumer electronics brands. We are frequently at the cutting edge of innovation and our clients range from well-funded start-ups to multi-national household names. The Group has more than 400 staff across offices in UK, US and Europe.
We are seeking a Design and Marketing Executive to work for Sagentia Innovation, the R&D Consultancy division. You will have a strong academic background and 2+ years’ design and marketing experience ideally within a busy marketing team in a B2B organisation, probably in the technology, product, software, or professional services sectors. Or you may be in B2C for a large Consumer, GMCG or Food & Beverage organisation.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the role will suit a proactive individual who enjoys being a key team member and who has a passion for science and technology and the differences it can make to our world. To be successful in this role, you should want to pursue and develop a career in marketing and have a strong background in design: a large element of this role will be design led so you must have experience in design. Ideally you will have additional experience across much of the marketing mix including: managing and running marketing campaigns, conference organisation, and ideally some social media and agency management experience.
The role can be based in Harston, Cambridge or Epsom, Surrey, and the successful candidate will be happy to travel to the Group’s other UK locations from time to time.
• Design of key marketing material –working with key internal stakeholders on PowerPoint presentations, social media assets, PDFs, case studies, image sourcing and infographics. Sagentia Innovation uses third party design agencies for major design projects but wishes to have flexibility inhouse to support sales people and consultants produce professional presentations that are on brand. This involves working within brand guidelines – and upholding them – and often within tight turnaround times. Experience of working in InDesign and advanced PowerPoint skills are a must.
• Content creation - working with internal teams to ensure regular flow of content is being pushed out through our social platforms at least weekly and including the update of website content on a monthly basis
• Marketing planning – supporting the Senior Marketing Manager and working with key stakeholders across the businesses to develop and deliver messaging, campaigns, and activity and within given budget
o Campaigns – support lead generation with the marketing team on key campaigns including email campaigns, events, and webinars
• Event management and event organisation across the businesses from stand design – and working with external agencies to deliver this – to organising the logistics and delivering marcomms-ideally you will have some event management experience.
• Digital media:
o Assist with website content management system housekeeping tasks
o Production of social media artwork and posting through online channels
• Email campaigns administration -Using email templates and broadcast systems to prepare and send email campaigns and newsletters. Ideally you will also be able to manage lists, run reports, update statuses, manage salesforce integration, monitor and report on follow up activities.
• Content production, visual graphics and design support - working with the Senior Marketing Manager, members of the team, and external agencies to:
o Produce content, visual graphics and generate design ideas.
o Support development, creation and delivery process for all marketing communication; articles, whitepapers, blogs, webinars, infographics, videos, animations, branded collateral etc – and help shape the messaging and language involved.
o Ensure that all existing and new content are in line with most recent brand designs, guidelines and templates.
Experience & qualifications
• Strong academic background ideally with a degree in Marketing, Design, or Business-related disciplines, but all good degrees are considered
• 2+ years’ Design or Marketing experience
• Interest in technology and science with the ability to understand technical and complex content
• Excellent working use of PowerPoint (including slide templates, master slides, animation, charts and graphs and other advanced functionality) and Word
• Design knowledge and experience of design packages
• Good writing skills and attention to detail
• A willingness to learn and to research new topics independently
• Ready and able to exercise initiative
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Good organisational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and operate effectively and efficiently under pressure in a fast-moving environment
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to prioritise tasks
Desirable experience & qualifications:
• Familiar with CRM systems and knowledge of Salesforce an advantage
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.