Are you a recent graduate in a product engineering, design and development discipline? Are you an enthusiastic and curious individual who loves solving complex challenges? Are you a passionate learner who is always trying to improve? Would you relish the opportunity to apply these skills to product design and development challenges across diverse industries?
We are looking for exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on recent graduates to join our group of world class employees. If successful you will have the unique opportunity to work with clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will have a passion for technology and will use a combination of innovation, creativity and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales. You will work across the product development lifecycle, from new concept generation and technology validation, detailed engineering design, prototyping and transfer to manufacture.
A Day in the life
At any one time we have dozens of active projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors. As a Graduate, you will have the opportunity to employ and improve your product development skills on one or more projects simultaneously across sectors. Our projects range in length from a few months through to a few years. Many of our projects require a multidisciplinary approach involving our electronics, software and applied science teams and of course the mechanical and product design team that you will be part of. You will enjoy a variety of tasks such as concept generation activities, CAD design, prototype building, experiment design and testing.
In addition, you will attend internal multidisciplinary project meetings which will give you exposure to challenges outside of the mechanical engineering and design field. You will also be involved with direct interaction with our clients through regular external project update meetings.
Your work will predominately be based at our Sagentia offices in Harston, Cambridge and there may also be opportunities to travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of challenges from different industries.
• A multitude of exciting projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
• An energetic and widely experienced mechanical engineering and product design team
You will have:
• Degree 2.1 or above, (or even a PhD) in a relevant engineering discipline such as Mechanical Design, Product Design Engineering or Integrated Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
• Undergraduate Industry placement experience
• Enthusiasm to work within multidisciplinary teams and multi-task across projects.
• CAD design experience (preferably with SolidWorks and/or CREO)
• An open mind for new ideas
You might also have (but not essential):
• Mechatronic design experience
• Analytical skills experience, including failure prediction and tolerance analysis (You may have used tools such as FEA, moldflow, COMSOL, MATLAB and MATHCAD)
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.