Are you enthusiastic, curious and love solving complex problems through application of your mechanical design/engineering skills? Are you a passionate learner who is always trying to improve? Would you relish the opportunity to apply these skills to product design and development projects across diverse industries?
We are looking for exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on enthusiastic graduates to join our group of world class employees in 2023. If successful you will have the unique opportunity to work with clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will have a passion for technology and will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales. You will work across the product development lifecycle, from new concept generation and technology validation, through prototyping and full product development, to transfer to manufacture and sustainability.
• A multitude of exciting projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
• An energetic and widely experienced mechanical engineering and product design team
You will have:
• Degree 2.1 or above, (or even a PhD) in a relevant engineering discipline (or similar) with industry experience
• Mechanical or product design skills
• Enthusiasm to work within multidisciplinary teams and multi-task across projects.
• An open mind for new ideas
You might also have (but not essential):
• CAD design experience (preferably with SolidWorks and/or ProE)
• Mechatronic design experience
• Analytical skills experience, including failure prediction and tolerance analysis (e.g. FEA, moldflow, COMSOL, MATLAB and MATHCAD)
A day in the life
At any one time we have dozens of projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors. As a Graduate, you will have the opportunity to employ and improve your mechanical design skills on one or more projects simultaneously across sectors. Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years. Typical projects will use multidisciplinary skills requiring team work; across electronics design, software design, fundamental science and of course a mechanical and product design team that you will be part of. You will enjoy a variety of tasks such as concept generation activities, CAD design, prototype building, experiment design and reliability testing.
In addition, you will attend internal multidisciplinary progress meetings which will give you exposure to challenges outside of the mechanical and design field. You will also be involved with and support direct interaction with clients through regular external project update meetings.
Your work will predominately be based at our Sagentia offices in Harston, Cambridge and there may also be opportunities to travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of problems from different industries.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.