Who we are
Sagentia Innovation provides independent advisory and leading-edge product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We work across the medical, industrial, chemicals and energy, food and beverage, and consumer sectors, and with a broad range of companies from some of the world’s leading and best-known brands, to start-up disruptors new to the market. Our breadth of expertise brings together the best people to solve a problem and can include our scientists, engineers, human factors experts, data and AI scientists, innovation strategists, product developers and designers, and consumer insight specialists.
We are looking for an individual with business development experience in any one of our four key sectors. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of New Business Development within the Sagentia Innovation division, you will play a key role in growing our business in Europe.
To be successful in this role you will instigate and initiate relationships with New Business Accounts. You will also manage client relationships within the newly established accounts with the aim of increasing penetration and winning repeat business.
You will provide input to the New Business division’s strategy and will ultimately be responsible for profitable sales within nominated accounts and sub-sector campaigns. You will be expected to travel in Europe to visit our clients.
• Primarily responsible for acquiring new client relationships and expanding footprint by selling full Sagentia Innovation offering
• Identify likely prospective clients and establishing initial contact across multiple contact points
• Prospect for sales opportunities within new clients; developing strong relationships with senior executives and key client stakeholders within clients buying process
• Arrange and lead meetings, presenting our capabilities, and identifying clients’ needs
• Work with internal stakeholders, sector teams and consultants to sell solutions that meet identified client needs
• Co-develop consulting scopes of work with internal stakeholders, sector teams and consultants
• Oversee account activities, including projects being executed
• Network and build relationships within client organizations to deliver on-going business growth
• Influence the development of Sagentia Innovation’s growing capabilities as it relates to the market’s changing needs
• Deliver upon agreed personal sales target
Experience & qualifications
• Fluent in written and spoken German and/or French
• Customer-facing experience in a business development role within any of our four key sectors
• Evidence of success in building new accounts
• Experience of operating in a consulting/services environment
• Experience of use of CRM system
• Degree qualifications or above in Business or Science/Engineering domains
We are committed to career development and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.