Are you an enthusiastic and curious individual who loves solving complex challenges through application of your Product Design and engineering skills? Are you passionate about product development and applying your skills to the design of usable and compelling products across a range of market sectors?
• A multitude of exciting projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
• An energetic and widely experienced product design and mechanical engineering team
We are looking for an exceptional, hands-on product designer to join our group of world class employees. If successful you will have the unique opportunity to work with clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will have a passion for technology and will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales. You will work across the product development lifecycle.
• Needs identification and qualification to inform new concept generation activities.
• Technology validation through early stage risk reduction prototyping
• Detailed product development and ultimately transfer to manufacture.
You will have:
• A Degree (2.1 or above), in a product design or relevant engineering discipline plus industry experience
• Design experience to include the development of new products and platforms, ideally gained within a consultancy or commercial environment
• Design skills spanning the exploration of product forms and GUI’s through sketching and mockups across to detailed mechanical design
• CAD design experience that may also include advanced surfacing
• Enthusiasm to work in a multidisciplinary team across diverse market sectors
• Experience of contributing to projects or work packages to tight timescales
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills- confident and capable in a client facing role
You might also have (but not essential):
• Exposure to the medical device development process
• Appreciation of Human factors engineering and potentially the formal processes required in medical product developed
• Experience in adobe suite tools such as Ps, Ai, Xd
• Experience of design for manufacture and assembly
• Knowledge of transfer to manufacture, manufacture process, and formal product approvals
A Day in the life
You will have the opportunity to employ your product design skills on one or more projects simultaneously across sectors. Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years. Typical projects will require a product design mind-set to integrate contributions from electronics design, software design, and fundamental science into a compelling user experience. You will enjoy a variety of tasks such as front-end concept generation activities which may include voice of customer (VoC), concept sketching, story boarding GUI mock-ups and form studies, as well as the later development activities of detailed CAD design, prototype building, experiment design and reliability testing.
You will have the opportunity to develop:
• Experience in the practices employed for formal usability design in medical device development working alongside our Medical device usability lead
• Business development expertise by providing pre-sales input and assistance, interfacing directly with clients under the guidance of our business development team.
Your work will predominately be based at our Sagentia offices in Harston, Cambridge. There may also be opportunities to travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of challenges from different industries.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential. You will have the opportunity to develop technical leadership skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills, to gain the confidence and capability required in a client facing role.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.