Who we are
Science Group is an AIM listed Group that provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation developments supporting our clients under specialist brands which include Sagentia and Leatherhead Food Research. We are an acquisitive organisation with our most recent acquisition of Frontier adding expertise in the Digital Radio and IOT space. Our growth strategy has been effected from cash generated by our profitable businesses and has resulted in Group revenue doubling in 3 years.
We have a global reach, with a multinational and multicultural workforce spanning Europe, North America and Asia with offices and companies across these continents. Our numerous scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors and market experts are supported by the Group’s streamlined central functions.
The Group’s success is driven by our world class employees; this means that in growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join the Project Finance team. As one of two project accountants for the Sagentia Innovation division, you shall provide a critical role supporting the scientists and engineers by keeping accurate finances for the projects. You shall proactively perform tasks such as client invoicing and shall respond to specific ad-hoc questions to interpret the information for consultants so they can understand how their projects are progressing. You shall own the project finances from start to finish, including the credit control function for these divisions.
Key responsibilities include
• New project setup, maintenance of existing projects and project closures on our ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics AX)
• Raising sales invoices, liaising with Project Managers and proactively owning this process
• Preparation of weekly project tracker report and involvement in the review with the business
• Involvement in completion of monthly management accounts for your assigned companies
• Responsibility for credit control, ensuring debts are collected in an effective and time efficient manner and involving the business for assistance if needed
• Supporting the Senior Project Accountant with analysis and ad-hoc tasks
You’ll report to the Head of Finance and will have experience of prioritising your own workload, have a strong eye for detail and apply a high level of accuracy to your work. You can meet deadlines, will be confident to work independently as well as part of a team and will enjoy taking initiative in solving problems as they arise.
Experience & Skills required
• Achieved AAT or equivalent by experience
• Ready and able to exercise initiative
• A willingness to learn
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks effectively
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel
• Problem-solving ability
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.