Who we are
Sagentia Innovation provides independent advisory and leading-edge product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We work across the medical, industrial, chemicals and energy, food and beverage, and consumer sectors, and with a broad range of companies from some of the world’s leading and best-known brands, to start-up disruptors new to the market. Our breadth of expertise brings together the best people to solve a problem and can include our scientists, engineers, human factors experts, data and AI scientists, innovation strategists, product developers and designers, and consumer insight specialists.
The role of Project Coordination and Quality within Sagentia is pivotal to ensure projects across the business run smoothly. You will assist Project Managers to facilitate successful and quality-led delivery of projects, by driving compliance of the project to quality processes and keeping control of the documents and prototypes created during the projects.
• Project compliance with quality procedures
o Become familiar with Sagentia Innovation’s quality procedures and processes
o Guide project managers and project teams in the processes applicable to their project.
o Guide good practice
o Ensure that projects remain compliant to the applicable processes
• Project purchasing for prototype builds and configuration management of those builds
o Manage purchasing for specific builds of prototype or demonstrator systems
o Track purchasing against the bill of materials
o Drive process for bringing on new suppliers
o Raise purchase orders and place orders
o Track receipt of parts and incoming inspections
o Track build state of prototypes through build, debug and test
• Project financial management support
o Support the project manager in tracking project spend and providing budget reports for the client
o Help the project manager to forecast project resources
• Maintenance of project plans
o Help to build project plans
o Monitor progress against plan
o Update timelines and highlight project risks
• Project documentation management
o Administer project document register / design history file
o Manage document review and approval processes
o Maintain formally released document storage
o Audit document records
• Project action tracking
o Formally release minutes from project meetings
o Record project actions and chase through to completion
• Other project administrative tasks
o Schedule project meetings, design reviews
o Organise project facilities (laboratory space, equipment)
o Coordinate project health and safety assessments and ensure that project team understands the agreed processes for safe working
o Organise project shipping to or from Sagentia Innovation
Experience & qualifications
• A degree or equivalent is desirable but not essential;
• A self-motivated, proactive attitude;
• Excellent attention to detail, even in the presence of distractions;
• Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel and Word;
• Interest to learn new processes and ways of working;
• Ability to quickly learn new software tools with minimal support;
• Good communication skills;
• Previous experience with purchasing, manufacturing or quality would be desirable;
• Competence in MS Project would also be desirable.
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.