Who we are
Sagentia Innovation’s Consumer Division works with global, leading companies in the Consumer Health, Personal Care & Beauty, Homecare and Consumer Electronics sectors to deliver radical new technology and product programmes and innovations. We apply multidisciplinary teams to define and prioritise technology programmes, explore the fundamental scientific principles involved, and prove our ideas will work in the real world through customer engagement exercises and advanced laboratory experimentation and prototypes. Ultimately, we are looking to maximise the value of our clients’ investment in technology and innovation, leverage our ability to solve techno-commercial challenges and turn our ideas into great products that will delight our clients’ customers.
Our business in the Consumer Health sector is growing rapidly and we are building on our position as one of the foremost ‘one-stop shop’ technology consultancies, helping our clients to create breakthrough products and services while navigating the boundary between unregulated and regulated projects.
Our parent company, Science Group plc, has a global reach with a multinational workforce spanning the U.K., Europe and North America. We look for exceptional hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
We are looking for a dynamic, commercially experienced person with a working knowledge of innovation, technology management and product development for the consumer health sector. Reporting into the Managing Partner of Sagentia Innovation’s Consumer Division, this is a rare opportunity for someone to apply their deep technical and market knowledge to work with current and prospective clients across our sales and delivery process.
The role has three parts:
1. Manage and grow our business with a portfolio of Strategic Accounts
2. Instigate and initiate relationships with new accounts in support of our new business team
3. Engage with commercial and delivery teams – contribute your technical and domain expertise to our marketing activities as well as directly to our highest priority projects to ensure we delight our clients and take our relationship with them to the next level.
To be successful in this role you will build upon your innovation, product development and program management background to engage, drive and grow client relationships. You will provide input to the division’s strategy and will ultimately be responsible for profitable sales and successful project delivery within nominated accounts and market-focused campaigns.
You will have the opportunity to travel overseas to visit and work with our clients; post-COVID it is expected that you will be travelling 25% of your time (US and Europe).
• Take responsibility for maintaining and growing the business relationship with selected Strategic Accounts; with routine visits to clients in order to sustain and build key relationships and to increase understanding of client business strategy and needs.
• Centre on new business creation activities, introducing the company’s services, presenting portfolio reviews, leveraging existing and new contacts to identify new project opportunities, discussing and responding to new project briefs.
• Listen to the needs of our client and translate these into appropriate programs of work (in consultation with the skill group managers and consultants). Though not directly involved in every project, you will stay in touch with the consultants running these projects and participate in key interim and final delivery meetings and post-project reviews.
• Support the new business team in the promotion of services to new business targets in order to win new customer accounts. The role will involve a mix of targeted lead generation and client face-to-face meetings and can leverage wider sales resources within the team and group.
• Attend industry/sector meetings and conferences and draw support from the Sagentia Innovation marketing team
• Handle bids through to proposal stage. Once the business has been won, nurture these new accounts, and potentially contribute technical expertise to the project (see consulting below) to secure and grow future business streams.
Marketing & Consulting
• Assist in developing and delivering our marketing collateral, leveraging industry experience and expertise and contributing to the thought leadership for the sector.
• Act as an occasional senior consultant on higher-value projects of strategic importance or where your technical expertise is particularly relevant.
Experience & Qualifications
• A good understanding of the consumer health sector in particular and life sciences in general
• Experience in a product management, project management or business development in a direct client or market facing role
• Evidence of success in building a rapport and trust with customers
• Experience in technology and product development for medical devices
• Experience in a consulting environment preferred but not essential
• A technical degree qualification in science or engineering is essential, and to Masters/PhD or MBA level is preferred
We are committed to career development and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.