Who we are
Sagentia Innovation provides independent advisory and leading-edge product development services to a broad range of companies from some of the world’s leading and best-known brands, to start-up disruptors. We operate projects ranging in scale from £10k to £10m and serve customers across the medical, industrial, chemicals and energy, food and beverage, and consumer industry sectors. We are part of Science Group (AIM:SAG), which has more than ten offices globally, three UK-based dedicated R&D innovation centers and more than 650 employees.
We are looking for a commercially experienced individual with working knowledge of healthcare/medical device innovation and R&D to join Sagentia Innovation’s dynamic and growing medical team in our Harston or Epsom office. Reporting into the Managing Partner, Medical, you will play a key role in contributing to the continued growth and success of the business. To be successful in this role you will lead business development and client relationship management activities drawing upon your R&D / healthcare background. You will provide input to the division’s strategy and will ultimately be responsible for profitable sales and successful project delivery within nominated accounts and sub-sector campaigns. You will have the opportunity to travel overseas to visit and work with our clients; it is expected that you will be travelling around 25% of your time (US and Europe).
- Strategic accounts:
- Take responsibility for maintaining and growing the business relationship with selected Strategic Accounts and support VPs Medical with selected Strategic Accounts; this will include routine visits to clients in order to sustain key relationships and to increase customer penetration.
- Centre on new business creation activities, introducing the company’s services, presenting portfolio reviews, leveraging existing and new contacts to identify new project opportunities, discussing and responding to new project briefs.
- Listen to the needs of our client and translate these into appropriate programs of work (in consultation with the Medical vertical team, skill group managers and consultants). Though not directly involved in all projects, the individual in the role will stay in touch with the consultants running these projects and as and when appropriate participate in key interim and final delivery meetings and post-project reviews.
- New Business:
- Promote services to new business targets in order to win new customer accounts. The role will involve a mix of targeted lead generation, mapping accounts to identify suitable messaging and likely targets, and client face-to-face meetings.
- Develop messaging within specific technical/clinical domains, working with the Sagentia Innovation marketing team to create content for promoting our services using thought leadership
- Attend industry/sector meetings and conferences and draw support from the Sagentia Innovation Marketing team
- Pitch the business and handle RFPs through to proposal stage. Once the business has been won they will then nurture these new accounts, and potentially contribute their technical expertise to the project (see consulting below) to secure and grow future business streams.
- Technical/Clinical Domain Leadership within specific market sub-sectors
- Establish areas of opportunity within specific market sub-sectors, working with our marketing team
- Take lead on messaging and speak at events on key thought leadership topics
- Feedback market information to the technical & marketing teams to support product and service development
- On occasion, this role will include time spent working directly on consulting projects, strengthening our client relationships with strategic and new business accounts.
Experience & qualifications
- An understanding of Medical product development
- Customer-facing experience in either a project management or business development role
- Evidence of success in building a rapport and trust in customers
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Degree qualifications to Masters/PhD level from an Engineering or Science background is strongly preferred but not essential
We are committed to career development and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.