Are you a professionally driven cloud engineer who loves a technical challenge? Are you passionate about providing clients with a technological competitive edge?
We are looking for a talented cloud engineer who enjoys working in teams and shares the same passion we have for creating software in innovative software applications and new devices.
The Nuvola Cloud platform is used by approximately 1 million devices per day and growing as new projects and customers on-board. Nuvola is a hybrid cloud spanning Azure, AWS and on-premise. It has a mixture of traditional VM-based workloads that scale horizontally, and containers deployed on Kubernetes.
The role involves maintaining and improving our existing cloud deployments along with architecting and deployment of new functionality for clients (both internal and external).
• An exciting opportunity for someone to shape the future of the Nuvola cloud platform for use across a wide range of verticals and use cases
• Collaborating with colleagues across a wide range of disciplines from software engineers to scientists to data analytics
• Working with Frontier Smart Technologies (a Science Group company) and their market-leading Smart Radio connected devices that require Nuvola cloud services to function
Experience and qualifications:
• Passionate about learning new technologies
• Self-starter and capable of managing your own time
• Have the ability to architect cloud-based solutions to fit customer requirements, and work together with the software teams to prototype and bring to production through use of Agile methodologies
• Experience operating in a fast-paced environment
• A minimum of 5 years Linux system administration experience
• Azure technologies such as Azure Kubernetes Service, Traffic Manager, ARM, Functions, Virtual Machines, vNets, Load Balancers, Vault, ACR, etc
• Kubernetes, Helm Charts, Docker Containers, deployments, Prometheus
• Databases such as MySQL Galera clusters and InfluxDB
• Single Sign On – specifically OAUTH, OpenID Connect and SAML
• Elastic stack – Elastic Search, Logstash pipelines, Kibana, Beats
• Automation using Ansible and Terraform
• Scripting (mainly Python) and use of REST APIs
• Monitoring and logging tools
You might also have (but not essential), experience with:
• Checkpoint Firewalls
• KEMP Loadmasters
• Atlassian stack (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, OpsGenie)
A day in the life
Every day is different! You may be working on a completely new project design for a consultancy client, assisting Frontier with product development, keeping Nuvola operational & up to date, or working on core improvements.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.