Are you an enthusiastic and curious individual who loves using science and technology to solve complex problems? Are you a passionate learner who is always trying to expand your horizons? Do you want to join a dynamic, growing international business with excellent career development opportunities?
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on, experienced expert in sensors and algorithms to join our group of world class scientists and technologists. You will have a passion for science and technology and will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales.
- A multitude of exciting projects working with our clients in the medical, industrial, consumer and food and beverage sectors.
- The opportunity to work as part of a world-class team of scientists, engineers and technologists.
- A dynamic, supportive working environment focused on innovation, agility, quality and results.
- Well-equipped laboratory facilities including specialist laboratories for electronics, optics, chemistry, environmental testing, microscopy, microbiology, sensory evaluation and more
Sagentia Innovation is seeking an experienced physicist to join our Applied Science team, to create, analyse and develop new technologies. We solve complex problems using world-class scientific skills on a wide range of projects which involve a combination of:
- Creative problem solving and concept generation.
- Feasibility assessment informed by theoretical assessment, mathematical modelling and laboratory experimentation.
- Proof-of principle demonstration in which our ideas are rapidly brought to life.
- Technology scouting.
The successful candidate will be expected to make a solid contribution to a group with core business in the consumer, food and beverage, medical and industrial sectors. You can find examples of previous projects here.
- Contributing to sales, structuring work programmes and writing proposals
- Project management of technology focused projects involving 2-8 team members
- Technical leadership of projects
- Design of systems incorporating sensors and algorithms
- Prototyping these systems: sensor hardware selection, algorithm development, laboratory experiments
- Collaboration with our Data Science team
- Writing design documentation and reports
- Presenting results and deliverables to clients
Experience & Qualifications
Candidates must have a degree in Physics or a degree with a strong Physics content (2.1 or above or PhD) and:
- >3 years of experience in a technically orientated commercial environment
- Specific expertise in algorithms relating to sensors, e.g., image processing, sound processing, signal processing, machine learning
- Experience of developing a sensor system from concept through to functional prototypes
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Familiarity with other disciplines required for product development such as mechanical engineering, embedded software, electronics etc.
- Experience of working within multidisciplinary teams and multi-tasking across projects
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow our staff to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package