Who we are
Sagentia Innovation, a division of Science Group plc, provides R&D consultancy services to global corporations across the Food & Beverage, Consumer, Medical, Industrial and Energy sectors. The services offered range from strategy and innovation consultancy through to science “deep dive” and product / service development. The Group has over 400 employees. Our clients are based mainly in Europe and North America – with a smaller number from Asia.
Sagentia Innovation’s Advisory team works predominantly on R&D strategy and innovation consultancy projects. Having originated with a core focus on science and technology, we are increasingly taking on work for clients with a greater strategic component (addressing issues such as sustainability and digital transformation). We are keen to grow this higher value side our business – working as needed with scientists and engineers from the company’s product development teams.
The purpose of this role is to help drive the growth of our strategic project business. This role will be reporting to the VP for Strategy and Digital
There are two key elements of this role:
1. Project management / delivery of high quality outputs for clients
2. Promoting and developing our strategic capabilities
a. externally - working with our business development teams as they engage with clients (in each vertical)
b. internally - ensuring that consultants, at all levels of the business, understand our full set of advisory capabilities and our service lines / client offerings
1. Deliver strategic projects for clients across the different verticals (F&B, Consumer, Industrials and Medical)
2. Support account management & business development for the different verticals
3. Promote and develop the Advisory team’s service lines / client offerings - focusing on R&D strategy and innovation consultancy
4. Work collaboriatively and effectivel with clients and fellow team members
5. Adhere to Group policies
1. Strategic projects delivery
• Lead and deliver projects: plan for, monitor progress against and meet deadlines with consideration to project scope, evolving client requirements ensuring client expectations are met
• Lead discussions with clients on budget and scope
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously whilst achieving project deliverables within budget, timeline and to the quality expected
• Efficiently and effectively coordinate and manage others in the project team to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of client projects whilst undertaking all relevant administrative tasks, e.g. work orders and time recording
• Lead delivery meetings and facilitate workshops.
2. Support account management & business development across the different verticals
• Support key account management and new business development in innovation & science strategy
• Support the development of new proposals/projects
• Recognise and understand commercial drivers of the client and how these may impact the business, developing long term relationships and repeat business with key clients
• Visit prospects for lead generation and to identify potential client needs
3. Promotion and development of Advisory’s service lines / client offerings
• Act as internal and external champion for the different client offerings (service lines) in R&D strategy and innovation consultancy
• Identify opportunities for additional offerings / service lines
• Create capability decks to support business development for the different verticals
4. Client and team interaction
• Present capability deck and proposals to clients supporting the different verticals
• Present project work at internal and external meetings as appropriate
• Build effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
5. Adherence to Group policies and process
• Maintain client confidentiality
• Assist in implementing diligent project management practices to ensure projects are delivered on time, budget and the quality expected
Experience & qualifications
• The ideal candidate will have a degree in business and science/engineering. Ideally an MBA
• Experience working in a strategic consultancy, ideally aligned with innovation & science strategy at consultant/project leader level
• Familiar with strategy tools and reporting (e.g. SCQ, pyramid structuring, hypothesis formulation)
• Experience in managing projects or work packages to tight timescales and budgets
• Ability to explain ideas clearly and concisely, effectively communicating with the recipient, whether a client or colleague, and creating buy-in to ideas and approaches.
• Ability to efficiently deal with multiple tasks and prioritise under pressure
• Flexible and adaptable approach to work including, from time to time, working long hours
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate good project coordination and attention to detail
We are committed to career development and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.