Are you enthusiastic and curious individual who loves using technology to solve complex challenges? Are you a passionate learner who is always trying to improve?
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on enthusiastic Chemist or Materials Scientist with an interest in sustainability to join our group of world class employees. If successful you will have the unique opportunity to work with clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will have a passion for technology and will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales.
We are in the midst of an exciting time for the business as we seek to grow within the UK and internationally following substantial investment in new laboratories and our research centres. In growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on candidates who will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment. This role is based at our Epsom or Harston site.
Sagentia Innovation is seeking a bright and enthusiastic Chemist or Materials Scientist to join our Applied Science team, to advise, create and develop new technologies and support a growing number of projects focussed on sustainability.
We solve complex problems using world-class scientific skills on a range of projects which involve a combination of:
• Creative problem solving and concept generation
• Technology scouting
• Feasibility assessment informed by practical experience
• Proof-of principle demonstration in which our ideas are rapidly brought to life
The successful candidates will be expected to make a solid contribution to a group with core business in the consumer, food and beverage, medical and industrial sectors with a focus on sustainability.
• Apply technical expertise to effectively consult on the use, analysis and characterisation of chemicals, materials and processes;
• Technology scouting;
• Develop methods, technologies and applications to meet tight specifications set by clients;
• Lab testing, analysis and experimental investigation;
• Project Management;
• Support sales with technical content and project definition
Experience & Qualifications
We expect candidates to have a degree in Chemistry or Materials Science, ideally along with a PhD and;
• A passion for sustainability from a practical science-based perspective.
• Broad understanding of chemicals, materials and their properties and application and how these impact on choices around sustainability
• Keen to be conducting both office based and practical laboratory research;
• A proven track record of planning and undertaking laboratory work independently and safely;
• An interest in applying subject knowledge to the development of devices and new products.
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each employee to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.