Are you a multi-skilled engineer who enjoys solving problems with a holistic approach and has a desire to work on innovative device developments? Are you passionate about providing clients with a technology edge?
Our team have recently been involved in successful electromechanical system developments including a rapidly manufactured ventilator system for the UK government, advanced agricultural machinery, surgical robotics, novel drink dispensing technology and a next generation radiotherapy system.
All these developments focus on delivering elegant and creative solutions that improve lives through innovation.
This role will offer you the perfect opportunity to not only work on multi-disciplinary project teams but also use your creativity and technical knowledge to develop solutions for our clients with the satisfaction of seeing your novel new creations launched in the market.
- An exciting variety of projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
- The opportunity to develop initial ideas developing into real tangible products in short time scales
- Projects requiring the design of innovative devices and platform solutions to solve complex problems
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary project teams (electronics, software, mechanics) guiding the overall system design, architecture and deliverables
- Design experience of the development of complex systems (e.g. surgical robotics, diagnostic devices), in particular, developing complex electronics hardware with software algorithms for devices or systems
- Proficiency in working closely with clients to understand system requirements
- Development of products in medical or other regulated environments, including risk assessment knowledge.
- Excellent academic track record with a degree or postgraduate qualification in computer science, general engineering, electronics engineering or a related subject from a top university
You might also have (but not essential):
- Technical team lead experience in a wide range of multidisciplinary development projects
- Experience in designing, developing, debugging and testing complex systems (with particular emphasis on instrumentation, real-time control and integration with complex electromechanical systems)
- Test plan creation, execution and documentation experience
- Volume manufacturing of complex electro-mechanical systems exposure
You will be part of our world class consulting engineering team who use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales.
You will have the unique opportunity of working with our clients which range from start-ups through to global market leaders in the medical, industrial, oil & gas and consumer areas to further develop your skills and career.
A day in the life
At any one time we have dozens of live projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors. As a systems engineer, you will have the opportunity to employ and further improve your systems skills on one or more projects simultaneously across sectors. Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years. Typical projects will use a talented and collaborative cross-disciplinary team that provides insight into best practice product development in electronics design, mechanical design, and software design. You will be bringing all these disciplines together to deliver world class devices or platforms to our clients. Your work will be predominately be based at our Sagentia offices in Harston, Cambridge but there will likely be opportunities to travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of problems from different industries.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.