Sagentia’s Medical Division works with global, leading companies and disruptive start-ups in a range of healthcare and medical device fields. We help R&D and business development teams to explore market markets and trends, discover enabling technologies and partners, define and develop new breakthrough products and services. Our approach involves combining our internal expertise in science and technology with leveraging of insights drawn from experts around the world. Ultimately, we are looking to support our clients by guiding their direction towards delivering clinically useful, commercially successful products worldwide. Together with our sister companies under Science Group, we are able to offer advisory, product development and regulatory services allowing Sagentia to become a strategic development partner.
Recent examples of our work have included:
- Definition of a Minimal Viable Product to help kickstart a new In Vitro Diagnostic business opportunity
- Mechanical and Electrical engineering design for an advanced radiotherapy system
- Creation of a technology and product roadmap for a surgical stapling division
- Exploration of the surgical robotic market landscape to guide future investment decisions
- Technology invention to enable a novel surgical device platform
Our parent company, Science Group plc, has a global reach with a multinational workforce spanning the U.K., Europe and North America. We look for exceptional hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment. The successful candidate is expected to play an important role in the company as an experienced medical programme manager successfully leading teams to deliver technology and product solutions from early stage concepts through to transfer to manufacture.
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on Medical Programme Manager to join our group of world class employees. If successful you will be leading a team of high performing engineers and scientists. You will have the opportunity to work with clients ranging from start-ups to global market leaders. You will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales. You will make a solid technical contribution leading the development of complex medical products through all stages of the development process, using your flair for innovation and ability to apply technology in new real word situations.
- Strong technical leadership and project management of our projects to agreed timescales, budgets and quality
- Interaction with our clients to identify requirements, advise on direction and produce development roadmaps
- Contribute to our sales effort by supporting our business development team, presenting our development capabilities in sales meetings and writing project proposals
- Provide a deep understanding of the development of medical products and technologies and technically contributing to projects
- Liaison with colleagues in our Regulatory & Compliance division, TSG
- Support and input to the development of our project management and quality processes, ensuring successful project outcomes and growth
- A variety of projects in the medical space. There will be occasions where you will also be able to apply your technical management skills on industrial, food & beverage and consumer sectors that will give you the opportunity to achieve your personal goals and career progression
- The satisfaction of developing initial ideas into real, tangible game changing products in short time scales
- The opportunity to significantly contribute to ground-breaking projects for our clients where you will work with cutting-edge technologies
You will have:
- Successfully managed a number of medium to large sized development projects leading to a CE marked or FDA approved medical technology or product
- Significant technical experience of the medical product development lifecycle, from concept through to deployment and following ISO13485
- Proven experience of interacting with clients or customers to identify requirements, advise on direction and produce development roadmaps
- Proficient in project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to lead teams
- A strong technical background which includes domain expertise in the medical sector (e.g. devices, systems, technologies or science).
- An excellent academic record with a degree in an appropriate Engineering or Science discipline
We are committed to career development and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package