Who we are
Sagentia Innovation provides independent advisory and leading-edge product development services to a broad range of companies from some of the world’s leading and best-known brands, to start-up disruptors. We operate projects ranging in scale from £10k to £10m and serve customers across the medical, industrial, chemicals and energy, food and beverage, and consumer industry sectors. We are part of Science Group (AIM:SAG), which has more than ten offices globally, three UK-based dedicated R&D innovation centers and more than 700 employees.
We are looking for a commercially experienced individual with working knowledge of healthcare/medical device innovation and R&D to join Sagentia Innovation’s dynamic and growing medical team in our Harston or Epsom office. Reporting into the Managing Partner, Medical, you will play a key role in contributing to the continued growth and success of the business. To be successful in this role you will lead business development and client relationship management activities drawing upon your R&D / healthcare background. You will provide input to the division’s strategy and will ultimately be responsible for profitable sales and successful project delivery within nominated accounts and sub-sector campaigns. You will have the opportunity to travel overseas to visit and work with our clients; it is expected that you will be travelling around 25% of your time (US, Europe and Asia).
- Account management, within a set of nominated key accounts:
- Act as main point of contact between Sagentia Innovation and client account.
- Network widely to maximize exposure to Sagentia Innovation within the client’s organization
- Seek opportunities within target accounts to grow additional revenue streams for Sagentia Innovation.
- Maintain sales and revenue forecast
- Responsible for client communication on commercial matters; ensure issues are addressed that are raised by the client or by Sagentia Innovation.
- Business Development within the medical industry
- Collaborate with Business Development Managers within the Group; source new sales leads through proactive sales & marketing activities.
- Visit prospects to identify potential client needs sell the value proposition of Sagentia Innovation.
- Own and coordinate the writing and delivery of compelling sales & marketing material (e.g. discussion documents, proposals, case studies, capability decks)
- Take direct ownership of the sales process, including specifically the closing of sales opportunities contributing to the growth of the medical sector sales pipeline
- Responsible for reviewing proposals and project deliverables prior to client release
- Technical/Clinical Domain Leadership within specific market sub-sectors
- Establish areas of opportunity within specific market sub-sectors, working with our marketing team
- Take lead on messaging and speak at events on key thought leadership topics
- Feedback market information to the technical & marketing teams to support product and service development
- Contract management
- Responsible for negotiating contracts; work with the Managing Partner and the Group’s executive team as appropriate
- Demonstrate commercial and business awareness and manage situations effectively that will enhance the brand and perception of Sagentia Innovation
- Oversee project delivery
- Oversee and where necessary provide high level contribution to project delivery ensuring it meets client requirements
- Link client stakeholder needs with technical delivery of project and where appropriate translate technical delivery into client language
- Where appropriate lead delivery meetings/facilitate workshops etc.
Experience & qualifications
- Degree qualifications to Masters/PhD level from an Engineering or Science background preferred; MBA would be beneficial
- Experience of R&D and an understanding of medical device development. In particular, knowledge of the product development life cycle of in vitro diagnostics, surgical devices, drug delivery, implantable devices, digital/connected health, imaging devices or medical software would be of particular interest.
- Approximately 10+ years post education work experience
- Experience of operating at a senior level (CXO, VP or R&D Director) within large blue chip corporates and startups
- Experience in delivering against defined sales and business development targets
- Evidence of success in building a rapport and trust in customers
- Experience of new product/device introduction
- Experience of operating with both European and US organisations/markets would be highly desirable.
We are committed to career development and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package