As a highly successful leading-edge product development and technology services company, we have recently been involved in diverse and exciting electromechanical system developments including a rapidly manufactured ventilator system for the UK government challenge, virus detection systems, advanced agricultural machinery, surgical robotics, novel drink dispensing technology and a next generation Proton therapy system. All these developments focus on delivering elegant and creative solutions that improve lives through innovation.
This role is an opportunity to work within highly talented multi-disciplinary project teams; to use your creativity and technical knowledge to develop world-leading solutions for our clients; with the added satisfaction of seeing your finished designs launched in the market.
- Designing high quality analogue and digital circuits for client projects at all stages from feasibility through to manufacture
- Collaborating with software, mechanical and manufacturing engineers to decompose complex requirements and establish the most appropriate system architecture
- Interacting with our clients to plan projects, identify and formalise design requirements, implement, test, and ultimately hand over finished designs
- Leading the electronics hardware contribution within multidisciplinary projects
- Supporting integration & verification activities at hardware and system level
- A proven track record of the full lifecycle of electronics design
- A hands-on passion for designing both analogue and digital circuits
- Passionate about learning new electronic technologies
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment with excellent communication skills
- Good academic track record with a degree or postgraduate qualification in electronics, engineering, or a related subject.
Additional knowledge and skills beneficial to this role
- Proven FPGA hardware design experience and with VHDL/ Verilog programming
- Simulation of designs using Spice and/or RF simulators
- RF design, test and compliance to 6GHz would be advantageous
- Previous work on Energy Harvesting would be advantageous
A day in the life
We have dozens of projects in the medical, industrial, consumer, food and beverage, and consumer sectors from some of the world’s leading and best-known brands. As a Senior Electronics Engineer, you will have the opportunity to lead project teams, utilise and improve your electronics engineering development competencies, and leadership skills, on projects across sectors.
Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a few years. Typical projects use a talented and collaborative cross-disciplinary team that provides insight into best practice product development in electronics design, mechanical design, and software design.
Your work will be predominately based at our Sagentia Innovation office in Great Burgh, Epsom with opportunities for short travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of challenges for different clients.
You will be offered a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.