As a highly successful leading-edge product development and technology services company, we have been involved in exciting electromechanical system developments including a rapidly manufactured ventilator system for the UK government, advanced agricultural machinery, surgical robotics, novel drink dispensing technology, a next generation radiotherapy system and many other systems. All these developments focus on delivering elegant and creative solutions that improve lives through innovation.
This role will offer you the perfect opportunity to not only lead and work on multi-disciplinary projects but also use your creativity and technical knowledge to develop solutions for our clients with the satisfaction of seeing your novel new creations launched in the market.
- Technically leading a multi-disciplinary project team in the overall system design, architecture, and deliverables
- Interacting with our clients to plan projects, identify and formalise design requirements, and hand over finished designs
- Designing high quality and robust systems for client projects at all stages from feasibility through to manufacture
- Working with software, mechanical and electronics engineers to understand and drive system requirements
- Experience in product development in medical or other regulated environments, including requirements management and risk assessment
- Hands-on design experience of complex systems (e.g., surgical robotics, diagnostic devices) in a multi-disciplinary team (electronics, software, mechanics) in particular, complex electronics hardware with software algorithms for devices or systems
- Experience in technically leading a multi-disciplinary project team in the overall system design, architecture, and deliverables
- Capable of working with clients to understand and develop system requirements
- Excellent academic track record with a degree or postgraduate qualification in computer science, general engineering, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related subject.
A day in the life
We have dozens of projects in the medical, industrial, food and beverage, and consumer sectors from some of the world’s leading and best-known brands. As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will have the opportunity to utilise and improve your systems engineering development competencies and technical leadership skills on projects across sectors.
Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a few years. Typical projects will use a talented and collaborative cross-disciplinary team that provides insight into best practice product development in electronics design, mechanical design, and software design.
You will be bringing all these disciplines together to deliver world class devices or platforms to our clients. Your work will be predominately be based at our Sagentia Innovation offices in Harston, Cambridge with opportunities for short travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of challenges for our clients.
You will be offered a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.