Development of an award-winning low-cost, wireless wrist monitor
Our client asked us to develop a low-cost
wrist monitor worn by both the child and
the parent for alerting when a baby cries or
a toddler wanders off out of range.
We created a novel, low-power, battery-driven radio as a base for the
solution that included:
• two units, one for the parent and one for the toddler
• monitoring of up to three children simultaneously
• warnings if a child cries or exceeds a set distance range
• also monitors room temperature and functions as a digital watch
• product size of only 35mm
The product was the ‘Best of Innovation’ winner in the
CES Innovation Design & Engineering Awards.
Our consultants, scientists and engineers redefine what’s possible and help R&D groups across the medical, industrial, consumer and food and beverage sectors achieve commercial return from their opportunities.
We have completed over 10,000 projects for start-ups and global market leaders alike, from understanding the market & technology landscape through to developing and delivering complex products.