COVID-19 business continuity update
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, at Sagentia we have acted swiftly to implement the measures necessary to safeguard the health and safety of all our employees and to provide continuity to our clients.
Learning from the experience of a sister company with manufacturing operations in Shenzhen, we recognised the potential challenges of a wider COVID-19 outbreak early on and initiated planning some time ago. This early intervention has included:
- emphasising social distancing in our workplace environments, utilising all space in our extensive facilities to increase the physical distances between our employees to ensure maximum availability of staff;
- minimising travel to almost zero, ceasing all non-essential travel between Science Group facilities and/or to client sites;
- investing in upgrading and extending video-conferencing facilities so that we can continue to interact with clients “face to face”;
- facilitating home working, where appropriate and as necessary, with our engineers and scientists set up with secure connection to our core infrastructure and shared project resources;
- every project has contingency plans to ensure we maintain project momentum; and
- ensuring confidentiality and adherence to our Quality Management System in all of our procedures.
Whilst these are unprecedented and challenging times, we are confident that the plans we have put in place and the steps already taken, will ensure that we have maximum resource availability to deliver our clients’ project work. As always, we are a forward looking organisation and our objective is to assist our clients to be competitively positioned for the post-COVID-19 world.
Please contact us at any time if you have any questions or concerns about current or future projects.
About Science Group
Science Group offers independent advisory and leading-edge product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. Its specialist companies Sagentia Innovation, Leatherhead Food Research, TSG Consulting and Frontier Smart Technologies collaborate closely with their clients in key vertical markets to deliver clear returns on technology and R&D investments.