Front end innovation
Sagentia Innovation work with start-ups and multinationals to de-risk and fast-track innovative products and services.
We’ve helped support our clients achieve:
- Early identification of customer needs and preferences in the early stages of product development
- Faster time-to-market by identifying potential roadblocks early and making necessary adjustments
- Reduced risk by testing and validating ideas early in the development process
- Increased revenue potential by creating products that better meet customer needs and preferences
- Improved brand reputation by creating products that are more innovative and customer-centric
Overall our team help you stay ahead of the competition, and improve customer satisfaction, ultimately leading to greater business impact.
We balance human insight, technology, concept design and validation
How can we help?
We believe true innovation starts with insight into people, their biases, emotions, and habits (both conscious and unconscious). We think it’s the best way to provide leadership teams with the evidence to make investments in R&D. Using a mixture of primary and secondary research techniques, we identify stakeholders, and explore use and case environment to articulate qualifiable needs and hypotheses aligned to your business goals.
To identify pain points, unmet needs, and future trends, we combine primary and secondary research to understand the user and use case environments. This frames the right hypothesis.
Deep understanding of disease states, physiology, and sensory sciences to understand interaction points with the body that unlock innovation opportunities your competition aren’t exploiting.
Highlighting the innovation options with measured risk versus return from your incremental core with the evidence to warrant stakeholder buy-in.
Services we deliver:
- Market segmentation, stakeholder identification, recruitment, and discussion guides
- Secondary research on trends, insights in adjacent/analogue industries
- Product benchmarking and A&B testing
- Primary research (Qualitative & Quantitative, ethnographic, communities and journaling)
- Persona gathering, journey mapping & Day in the life insights to articulate experiences
- Physiology, sensory and behavioural testing
- Opportunity roadmaps evidenced with hierarchy of needs and hypothesis
Breakthrough technology development
New user experiences can’t rely on today’s technology. We develop breakthrough technology to drive tomorrow’s products and services. Using scientific first principles and modelling, we deploy deep scientific understanding to characterise and develop technology.
We use multiphysics modelling and simulation to root cause existing challenges and inform design rules for downstream prototypes.
Using our team and lab spaces to conceive, prototype and prove the technical heart of your future portfolio.
Our teams have the expertise to review on-market technology enablers, perform pre-acquisition due diligence or fix teething troubles during technology M&A.
Services we deliver:
- Analytical simulation (MathCAD, FEM)
- Multiphysics simulation (COMSOL)
- Technology review(s) proving/validating performance claims
- Monte-Carlo Tolerance analysis
- Functional decompositions (system morphology)
- Proof of concept technology prototypes
Concept design and visualisation
Commercial success requires balance across user, technical and commercial disciplines. We create and validate compelling product and service solutions. Bridging systematic concept design and stakeholder feedback, we focus on the details of use, feasibility and viability and work with you to select a meaningful solution for your business.
Systematic ideation methodologies to drive from user need>function>embodiment.
Physical, Digital or Hybrid, we prototype solutions and work with your stakeholders to validate “looks like” prototypes prior to formal design control.
Creating “looks like, works like” systems to provide you with the confidence factor & ROI to initiate formal R&D under design control.
Services we deliver:
- Convergent and divergent ideation
- Systematic inventive thinking
- Industrial design and CMF visualisations
- UX/UI mock-ups
- Proof of concept prototypes
- Voice of customer interviews and formative usability studies
Specialists dialled into Human, Commercial and Technical disciplines.
We would love to help realise your vision
Head of Human Factors
Business Development Director