Are you an enthusiastic and curious individual who loves using science and technology to solve complex problems? Are you a passionate learner who is always trying to expand your horizons? Do you want to join a dynamic, growing international business with excellent career development opportunities?
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic, hard-working and hands-on enthusiastic Chemist or Materials Scientist to join our group of world class scientists and technologists. You will have a passion for science and technology and will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales.
• A multitude of exciting projects working with our clients in the medical, industrial, consumer and food and beverage sectors.
• The opportunity to work as part of a world-class team of scientists, engineers and technologists.
• A dynamic, supportive working environment focused on innovation, agility, quality and results.
• Well-equipped laboratory facilities and including specialist laboratories for chemistry, materials and environmental testing, microscopy, microbiology, sensory evaluation and more
Sagentia Innovation is seeking a graduate Chemist or Materials Scientist to join our Applied Science team, to create, analyse and develop new technologies. We solve complex problems using world-class scientific skills on a wide range of projects which involve a combination of:
• Creative problem solving and concept generation.
• Feasibility assessment informed by theoretical assessment and laboratory experimentation.
• Proof-of principle testing and demonstration in which our ideas are rapidly brought to life.
• Technology scouting.
The successful candidate will be expected to make a solid contribution to a group with core business in the consumer, food and beverage, medical and industrial sectors. You can find examples of previous projects here (include a link to our case studies).
• Design and execution of laboratory experiments.
• Technology feasibility assessment & design.
• Modelling and data analysis.
• Innovation workshop participation and facilitation.
• Presenting results and deliverables to clients.
• Supporting sales activities with technical content and helping to define and scope new projects.
Experience & Qualifications
We expect candidates to have a degree in Chemistry or Materials Science, ideally along with a PhD and;
• Excellent knowledge in one or more of the following: Biological Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Food and Beverage Chemistry, Formulation, Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Synthesis or Polymer materials and their processing and applications, or other relevant subjects
• Broad understanding of chemicals, materials and their properties and application beyond your particular field;
• Keen to be conducting both office based and practical laboratory research;
• A proven track record of planning and undertaking laboratory work independently and safely;
• An interest in applying subject knowledge to the development of devices and new products.
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.