As a highly successful leading-edge product development and technology services company, we have been involved in a variety of exciting product development projects including advanced software for monitoring critical care devices in the field, Digital Transformation/IoT solutions for consumer trials, the Nuvola cloud solution for multi-ecosystem voice assistants, data science and sustainability initiatives. All these developments focus on delivering elegant and creative solutions that improve lives through innovation.
In this role, you will work closely with software developers, product owners and stakeholders in an Agile environment. While you will be heavily involved in defining the cloud or web solution architecture, you will also be expected to be hands-on with the code.
As a Cloud & Web Solutions Developer Consultant, you will be a specialist in architecting cloud and web-based solutions systems. You will provide our clients (and internally for us) with the architectural design for the cloud and web solutions to be designed. You will have the knowledge of existing cloud building blocks from the main cloud providers as well as the know-how of how develop cloud native and non-native applications.
• Requirement analysis to understand and propose the best cloud solution which will meet the customer’s needs in the most cost-effective and efficient manner.
• Architecture design of applications to be deployed in a cloud environment.
• Cloud or web-based system implementation and customization it to suit the specific requirements of clients.
• Design of efficient use of cloud computing services.
• Development skills for software solutions for the Cloud, IoT and web applications, in at least one of the following:
• ASP.NET Core
• Ruby/Ruby on rails
• HTML &CSS
• Passionate about learning new software technologies
• Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
• Good academic track record with a degree or postgraduate qualification in computer science, information technology or a related subject from a top university.
• Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect or
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect or
• Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect
A day in the life
In this role you will work closely with software developers, product owners and stakeholders in an Agile environment. While you will be expected to be hands-on with the code where applicable, you will also be heavily involved in defining solution architecture, setting technical standards, and researching new approaches and technology options for cloud and web-based solutions.
Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years. Typical projects will use a talented and collaborative cross-disciplinary team that provides insight into best practice product development in electronics design, mechanical design, and of course software design.
Your work will be based at our Sagentia Innovation offices in Harston, Cambridge or Epsom, Surrey (depending on your choice) with opportunities for short travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of challenges for different clients.
You will be offered a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.