As a highly successful leading-edge product development and technology services company, we have been involved in a variety of exciting product development projects including advanced software for monitoring critical care devices in the field, Digital Transformation/IoT solutions for consumer trials, the Nuvola cloud solution for multi-ecosystem voice assistants, data science and sustainability initiatives. All these developments focus on delivering elegant and creative solutions that improve lives through innovation.
In this role, you will work closely with software developers, product owners and stakeholders in an Agile environment. While you will be heavily involved in defining the solution architecture, you will also be expected to be hands-on with the code.
• Designing software architectures for new products, including cloud architecture targeting different platforms and business sectors
• Writing code using modern OO languages (C# and C++)
• Working with clients to determine requirements for new software or applications.
• Writing technical design documentation
• Collaborating with electronics, mechanical and manufacturing engineers to understand and drive software requirements
• Leading the software effort of a small software project team
• Proficiency in a modern OO languages (C# and C++)
• Experience of using embedded Linux and the QT framework
• Development skills for software solutions for the Cloud, IoT and PC applications
• Passionate about learning new software technologies
• Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
• Good academic track record with a degree or postgraduate qualification in computer science, information technology or a related subject.
A day in the life
In this role you will work closely with software developers, product owners and stakeholders in an Agile environment. While you will be expected to be hands-on with the code, you will also be heavily involved in defining solution architecture, setting technical standards, and researching new approaches and technology options.
Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years. Typical projects will use a talented and collaborative cross-disciplinary team that provides insight into best practice product development in electronics design, mechanical design, and of course software design.
Your work will be based at our Sagentia Innovation offices in Harston, Cambridge or Epsom, Surrey (depending on your choice) with opportunities for short travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of challenges for different clients.
You will be offered a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.